An established company and market leader in the manufacturing of Canola oil and related products in the retail, food services and bulk sectors, have the following exciting career opportunity in Swellendam.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGIST
- Assess the feasibility of new & renovation projects including draft recipe design, manufacturing feasibility, development timelines, cost estimation, sensory profile, physical properties and packaging of proposed products
- Development of approved products from bench-top samples to scaled-up trials where required, according to the agreed timeline and product brief from client
- Sourcing of ingredients and packaging where required
- Coordination of all internal and external testing for new products and packaging where required
- Ensure regulatory compliance of products
- Communicate project progress internally and externally, dealing with all client queries and requests and ensuring final product and packaging is approved
- Maintain up to date product folders
- Ensure label compliance according to country specific legislation
- Ensure internal approval of all labels by Operations, arranging samples and factory testing where required.
- Assist with the streamlining of label sizes and materials used during the development process in order to ensure optimal quality at optimal cost
- Maintain awareness of market, consumer and competitor activity to identify potential business opportunities
Education and skills
- Tertiary Qualification in Food Science
- Above average command in English and Afrikaans
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, E-mail)
- 2-3 years’ experience in a product development role with a background in label legislation.
- Attention to detail/accuracy
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com