World Leading Chemicals Distributor looking for strong, hands on good all round General Manager.
- Strong leadership skills, hands-on mentality, able to work with little supervision and coordination actions with corporate staff.
- Strong focus on Sales and Business Development
- Able to implement a business plan and develop a continued strategic plan according to market opportunities and objectives
- Implement Compliance Rules and maintain a quality service by establishing and enforcing ethical business practice according to the organization’s standards
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- HR duties: recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining local staff members; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing .
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Performance Management, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Coaching, Developing Standards, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Strategic Planning, Quality Management
- New Head Office in Lagos, Warehouses in Lagos and Port Harcourt (project)
- 7 staff members (4 in sales) , present General Manager will retire
- Part of a bigger structure to cover Middle East & Africa
- Strong exports from Europe
- Today mostly indent business with European suppliers
- Strong Interest from our European suppliers to work with us
- Establish Company as a leading distributor
- Focus on Food, Oil&Gas, Lubricants and Coatings
- Develop business of existing and new suppliers – widen product portfolio
- Broaden customer base in the different market segments
- Guide sales managers in their approach to market
- Develop Key Accounts
- Set up local invoicing
- Cooperate with our export department and the European Market Managers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org