An integrated meat company, is seeking a commercial and operational CEO with background from the meat and/or fresh food (FMCG) sector to lead through a period of fast growth.
- East African integrated meat company with strong platform for further growth: established operations in ranching, feedlot, slaughtering, processing, wholesaling and retail sales through own butcheries:
o >10,000 Ha grazing land
o Growing breeding and slaughter herd, currently comprising >3,000 heads
o Modern processing center
o Sales both to high-end and middle market
- Well-established middle management team
- Quality governance systems in place
- Ambitious, but realistic growth plan developed by current management and owners, based on deep sector understanding and a realistic view of the time and effort required
- The position provides a unique opportunity to rapidly transform a relatively small operation into a major player in its segment
- The platform for success has been built: production capacity, wholesale center, retail set-up, capital to back expansion.
- You will be brought in to ensure that the Company accelerates its growth in the large market of one of the biggest cities in the region, by providing commercial acumen and relentless drive to develop new key account customers and expand sales quickly, while overseeing production and procurement processes, controls over physical flows and product value optimization.
- You will be offered a compensation package that includes equity participation.
Required competencies and experience
- Entrepreneurial: can identify and execute on growth opportunities
- Commercial mindset: adept at dealing with existing and potential customers to drive growth and optimize value.
- Operational: ability to solve practical challenges and experienced in building systems for operational efficiency, control and performance improvement
- Experience from the meat sector would be an added advantage: understanding meat-specific trade-offs in sales, how to link demand with supply through seasonal fluctuations
- Exposure to East Africa too would be advantageous; understanding of and experience from both formal and informal routes to markets
- Driven and tenacious
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com